Tue, Nov 01|
this is for wait list
WAITLIST for IHI & PCE Asian American Leadership Program (AALP) Pilot Overview Fall 2022
This is waitlist for IHI & PCE Asian American Leadership Program (AALP) Pilot Overview Fall 2022 , you will be in wait list, when position opens up, you need to register again
Time & Location
Nov 01, 2022, 9:45 PM
this is for wait list
About the Event
The Asian American Leadership Program will provide Asian American families with tools tolearn about history, race, and belonging in America, using this knowledge to becomeempowered leaders for their communities. Our program intends to strengthen communication,connection, and understanding among multiple generations of Asian Americans.
What is the Asian American Leadership Program?
- This program is for Asian American families who want to learn about the status of AsianAmericans in the United States and how to address the current challenges faced byAsian American communities.
What will we learn?
- We will teach parents and children about Asian American history, what being AsianAmerican means in the United States, and how to become leaders and advocates fortheir families and communities in these difficult times. Learning will be interactive anduse a multimedia approach, with lots of videos, discussions, and activities.
What will participants do?
- In addition to learning the rich history of Asian Americans, participants will conduct anoral history project with their family, strengthening connections between children andtheir caretakers, and create a community project to develop their leadership and criticalthinking skills in service of their communities.
Who can attend this program?
- This is an 9-week program that is offered for free to families in need. We welcome bothparents and children ages 12+ to attend. Children’s sessions will be offered in English.Adult sessions will be taught by a multilingual instructor in Chinese.
What benefits will we take away from this program?
- Leadership skills
- Confidence in yourself and your identity
- Better understanding and communication with the younger generation
- Connections with community leaders
- 这是一个为期 9 周的课程，免费提供给有需要的家庭。我们欢迎父母和 12岁以上的孩子参加。孩子的课程将以英语提供，而家长的课程将以中文提供。
- 对自己和自己的身份更有信心• 与年轻一代更好的理解和沟通
IHI & PCE Asian American L会员报名